I recently started losing large amounts of hair from stress and the death of my mum. Being the busy person that I am I thought I’d share my all time favourite hair care tips. Each of these tips feature in my book “The Lush Long Hair Care Guide” in greater detail:
- Coconut oil – to moisturise, nourish, repair and protect. Use it as a leave in or heat it up for a deep treatment. I get mine from Indian/Health food stores. Best thing is you can use it on your hair and scalp, skin and you can also eat it.
- Microtrims – essential if you are growing out damage, otherwise known as “dusting”
- Be gentle – the less heat, less styling, less product use the better. Each of these will dry your hair out and can cause further damage.
- Natural colour – stay as close to your natural born colour as possible, but if you do colour it use organic & natural treatments like Henna, tea rinses or Organic plant based colour kits. If you really want the salon treatment go for Rinses & Semi-permanent colours.
- Supplements & Eat Healthy – Lots of fresh herbs, fruit, vegetables, seafood and organic meat if possible. Supplements can boost your vitamin and mineral intake but choose one that is naturally derived* not synthetic replicas of those essential vitamins and minerals you need to feed your hair.
*I am not usually into fads, but I recently stumbled onto the “It Works” brand Hair Skin & Nails formula and fell in love with it. It is naturally derived and they contain a blend of essential vitamins, minerals, and plant-based nutrients vital to supporting the optimum health of your hair, skin, and nails, including: Vitamins C, E, B-vitamins including B6 and Biotin (important for healthy hair growth, strong nails, and glowing skin). The minerals selenium, zinc, and manganese to protect and support your natural skin renewal and collagen production. A blend of botanical nutrients known for their beautifying properties, including Japanese seaweed, grape seed extract, horsetail, Gotu kola, goji berry, and Extramel melon pulp extract, all rich in antioxidants, enzymes, amino acids, and even more vitamins and minerals. Plus the added benefit of MSM, Zinc, Silica, Selenium, and Japanese Fo ti. Many of of these I recommend in my book. You can purchase your hair Skin and Nails from here: Hair Skin & Nails
I’ll be posting pics of my hair re-growth journey here so stay posted 🙂